Saturday, August 29, 2009

A Woman After God's Own Heart

I'm currently reading A Woman After God's Own Heart--Elizabeth George--in preparation for a Bible study of the same name in September. In 1 Samuel 13:14 we find that David, in spite of his many failures as we also have, was a man after God's own heart. Wow!! Psalm 37:4 says we should delight ourselves in the Lord and He will give us the desires of our heart.

I will be so thrilled to regularly study the Bible again with the ladies!! I'm reading, praying about whom to invite and just trying to get my heart ready--a very BIG order.

I am sad to see the summer vacation end as it is my favorite time of year but will relish the regular routine that usually comes with school resuming. For many years as a teacher and then a school administrator, I lived on these rhythms and I guess I'm still in that same frame of mind. Oh, blessed routine!! I welcome you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment