Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Balance and Routines

The past few days I have had the chance to catch up on some rest and on a few jobs around home that have been sorely neglected. June was a busy month with lots of extra responsibilities with grandchildren, travel baseball, and the children's musical. Baseball is still in full swing and the musical opens this weekend but some other things have slowed down.

I'm beginning to be able to think about the normal routines. I sorely miss Bible studies and the time studying and fellowshiping with the other ladies. Something is really missing. We don't normally do a regular study in the summer but often have periodic drop in sessions. I guess it is time for that to occur. I don't feel balanced when I'm not studying with others, keeping up on things around the house or having time to think or dream. I pray that the rest of the summer will be slower paced and some of these things can come back into our lives.

Children often get bored or so they say when it is quiet and things are routine. However, we all need structure, routines, and some quiet in our lives. We can get so busy with activities (like the children) that when it slows down we don't know what to do. I so long for the quiet to read, dream, and think. How about you?

1 comment:

  1. Our lives are too fast and we are cramming in so much because we don't want to miss anything. Lets take the time to slow down and enjoy what God has given us and appreciate our many blessings. Lay in the grass, look at the beautiful blue sky and smell the flowers. Isn't God good!

    ReplyDelete