Sunday, December 6, 2009

Joy

My husband and I just finished off the production of It's a Wonderful Life that we were involved with--he playing the part of George Bailey and I directing. It was fun seeing a project come to life and interacting with the other participants.

About Thursday of this week circumstances seemed to look better (after a really terribly trying week) and I seem to have found my joy. I am so sorry to admit that I have been despondent the past 2 1/2 months. I was adjusting to new meds, I had the flu for a couple of weeks, and circumstances were very bleak. Problems kept piling up one on top of the other and I was having difficulty with all this. I know that "joy" comes from the Lord and that in spite of the circumstances He is doing good in my life and those around me but I really was struggling. I'm thankful to God for lifting my cloud and giving me this season--however short it may be--to not be concerned about problems.

I am just now going to get ready to do my preparations for Christmas. I haven't done any decorating, shopping, or even planning. I want to enjoy this time and not rush around "doing" so we'll see how I can do just taking my time. I love decorating the house and want it to be fun and not a chore.

Thank you Jesus for restoring my feeling of joy. I know I had the joy of the Lord all the time but I wasn't feeling any joy in my heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment