Friday, December 25, 2009

Christmas 2009

I spent a very quiet day today with my wonderful husband. We had a delicious steak dinner and relaxed. Because of the ice, it just didn't make sense to try to go anywhere. Tomorrow family members will be here to celebrate and I look forward to that "busyness." I haven't written in awhile and I'm not sure why--guess the time just went by quickly. God has been helping me to take my focus off "my problems" and try to think of others--particularly in my prayer life. I have a whole list of people that need prayer. I also note that many have problems that are far more serious than my own. I plan to spend more days quietly at home this winter--I often do less in winter but have made some conscious choices that will keep me at home and I hope to work on crafts/pictures and some cleaning/organizing projects. I also hope to have the energy to invite people over for dinner or dessert in the quiet winter months. God's blessings for 2010 on everyone reading this. May we love, serve, and model Jesus to the people we meet.

No comments:

Post a Comment