Sunday, October 11, 2009

Cold and Wet

The change in the weather has been abrupt and it has stayed cold and wet. Finding warm clothes, shoes, jackets, etc. became important. I'm still hoping for warm days and flip flops to come back!

Families are still struggling and I am remembering to commit things to God more quickly. I still get stressed but am working on this. Apparently, I am "practicing learning" each of the lessons I'm learning in Bible study!! I'm anxious to get on to the next topics of study but I'm sure there are major lessons there also.

With the cold I want to cuddle up under the blanket and do quiet things and not work in all the corners of the home as I do in the summer. Guess I will get used to the changes and start becoming more productive.

I want to make soups and other comfort foods--I did make my first pot of soup this week--and it was delicious. Usually I have several varieties in the freezer so I can take out a different one each day to serve with lunch. I'm not there yet!!

Lately I've been the one to be a sounding board for others that I serve with about problems in our organization--particularly between people. God is helping me be a good listener. Perhaps I can show them Jesus in these situations?

It looks like I will be teaching junior high students in Sunday School soon. It may be a temporary assignment or I might be doing it for awhile. I don't know what the material is yet but perhaps I can love on some of these young people. I hope I can a positive person in their lives and let them know how much Jesus loves them!

1 comment: